Tuesday, July 18, 2006

J-Punk


Recently I've been listening to a lot of hardcore Japanese punk. I can't handle it. 7inch just keeps on posting it. Everytime I think I have a handle on it they post like 12 flexis, a few 7" and an EP. So much of it is sooo good too. Its difficult to listen to, but once youre in that mode its all so good. You hear all modern japanese noise in it, not that I'm an expert, but these are the roots. Not that only good things came out of japanese punk. I can't remember the names, but I listened to every japanese band that played at coachella who I could find something for online and every punk band except for a few were pretty power poppy. For some reason they sent a lot of mainstream stuff over thinking wed like that more.
Anyways, I'm not huge on the really heavy japanese noise thats come out recently like Merzbow, or Melt Banana, the latter of whom I still like a lot, but just never really listen to....Boris is still pretty awesome. Maybe I like the old shit because it feels so underground, or maybe its that because its underground its more pure.
Heres pretty much my favorite post 7 inch has done in the "Japanese" section. I'd feel bad about outsourcing their songs so heres a link to the post. Its a permalink so it should be working. Dead Punx On The Roof if perfect art to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 17, 2006 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home