Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Change is a Comin'


Being the only remaining blog member to still be in the United States I feel obligated to keep our readers and my fellow blog members up to date on the 2008 primary.

I'd like to say that I feel less cynical about American politics than ever before in my life. I'm falling for Barack Obama's pretty face as a symbol for change just like I expect the rest of the country will as I see him using his momentum in winning Iowa to easily beat Clinton and Edwards to win the democratic primary. Hopefully he won't invade Iran as soon as he's sworn in, dupping us all once again. The advisors he's already selected have a pretty common and sketchy foriegn policy record. But I'm a believer and am actually pretty exctited about the prospect of Barack Obama hopefully becoming the next president of of the U.S.

Hillary needs to do something quick to curb this momentum. You can watch Hillary Clinton's emotional moment in an attempt to get sympathy and relate to voters in preparation for tommorow's New Hampshire's primary. Many think with Hillary's impeccable resume, the only thing keeping her from running away with the democratic ticket is her inability to relate to voters on a personal level. I see her losing to Obama (don't count out Edwards) tommorow and hopefully McCain winning on the republican side. Anyone other than Romney (thank god he's losing votes for being a mormon) or Giuliani (who will instantly invade Iran)winning I think is great. Of course I'd vote for Ron Paul over any democrat other than Kucinich.

To make up for the seriousness of this post I'll finish with a couple of hip new musicians I've recently found out about.

That One Guy - obviously this is all made by one guy with one instrument which looks like a couple of pipes duct taped together with strings on them and wires and gadgets attached to them. His live show was pretty fucking sweet; he hits the strings with either a bow or random other stuff to make his unique instrument sound.

Imam Baildi - Mixes old greek tunes to make some of the most out-of-this-world music in my opinion. He also has a seperate 12" promotional myspace page with the same song mixed with various hip-hop artists.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laz said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. I had somehow managed to forget all about the elections, so I definitely need this.

Also, I love how Hillary said that thing about pizza being the easiest food, just stuck it in there pretty much at random,...it made me feel super close to her. Too bad I can't vote eh?

January 08, 2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger ohmygodimmike said...

There's no better way to relate to voters than to talk about pizza...everyone likes pizza!!! RIGHT??!

January 08, 2008 7:42 PM  
Blogger ohmygodimmike said...

Looks like the pizza strategy is working cuz it looks like she's gonna win

January 09, 2008 2:30 AM  
Blogger Mazur said...

Any thoughts on Huckabee? A nation governed by him is a wacky thing to imagine.

He was in a band called Capital Offense.

Keep me posted. This is first and only choice for primary coverage...

January 09, 2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

ray ban wayfarer
fred perry polo shirts
nike outlet
coach outlet
yves saint laurent handbags
coach outlet
nike free running shoes
le coq sportif shoes
zlatan ibrahimovic jersey
hollister shirts
2017.4.14xukaimin

April 14, 2017 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home