Friday, July 21, 2006

Daniel Johnston - Mind Contorted

After my shift at W.O.R.T. was over I started walking towards State street. I was listening to Mind Contorted by Daniel Johnston. Like many of his other songs it breaks your heart with its sincerity, confusion and hopes for happiness. Daniel Johnston is definitely one of my favourites. He´s the kind of artist that people say "he´s the kind of artist you either love or hate" about. I don´t think that´s necessarily true. There´s plenty of people who don´t know what to think, who like some songs but get weirded out by most of them, " Guys, I don´t know about this one, this is a little too much...something". Those people should pay more attention to the subtleties of his extreme charm. Then everyone could love Daniel and everything would be fine.

Anyways, what happen was, I saw a very tanned man have a seizure of some sort. He was lying face down on the ground, shaking. I stopped and stared, my music too loud for me to feel like any of it was real. A fireman on his way home from work was standing over him talking on the phone. He saw me stop and gave me a very american " I got this"-look as he kicked away the Tanned Man´s sun shades. They were too close to the Tanned Mans face and he could hurt himself. As i walked away I started thinking about how this was real and I turned it into a fucking music video in my head. Bra-vo. I think I might have lost my soul somewhere...maybe MTV stole it when I was just a kid. Now when I listen to the song, I can almost see the shaking Tanned Man mouth the words " If you could see me now you would be much perplexed, and if you could see me now your mind would be contorted".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

va fint du ar amerikan nu pa ett bra satt(forlat alla amerikaner att jag pratar om er pa ett annat sprak, du far oversatta om nagon undrar, det var inte ens en riktig kommentar)

July 26, 2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Huongkvb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 21, 2017 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home