Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Jesus in the Sky with Diamonds

Well it's 2008. Yep. And you know what? I still don't have a jetpack. Nope. I take the fucking bus to work.....In 2008.

Not THIS:



But THIS:



Mother fucking bus.

However, I do often ride the subway, and if I wear a space helmet during the ride it's pretty interstellar. Also, according to Oh Gizmo!, jetpacks are "old news" as "rocket belts" have been around since the 1960's. They're just really impractical and dangerous. So that's cool.

But enough about the lies of modernity, here's some music to help wrap up the holiday season. All of these songs keep the Christ in Christ-Mass, and show that Jesus, never far from the lips of pop musicians, still makes a good song title or band namesake after all these millennia.

Rebel Jew - Silver Jews

Frequency - The Jesus & Mary Chain

Jesus - The Velvet Underground

They Hung Him on a Cross (Demo) - Nirvana

Spiritual - Johnny Cash

8 Comments:

Blogger Laz said...

I remember when you talked about this at Bunky's on January 1st waay back in 2005. You were completely baffled by the lack of flying cars that day my friend. The future/present is a strange time to be alive. OR, hah, "The future ain't what it used to be"...as Yogi Berra once said.( Who am I kidding I totally thought the Doors said it.How should I know who Yogi Berra is, I'm a FOREIGNER!)

Today has been incredible though, because I am officially done with my thesis. Life is beautiful again.

January 11, 2008 1:29 AM  
Blogger Mazur said...

Congrats.

Now get to work on the flying cars!

January 12, 2008 5:26 AM  
Blogger Garrett said...

I kind of lament that my life isn't more like the Jetsons, but this page convinced me that future forms of transport might not be all that great after all. WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!!!!

January 19, 2008 5:20 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

michael kors tote bag
ray ban eyeglasses
ray ban sunglasses uk
nike air max
ray ban wayfarer
adidas zx flux uk
mlb jerseys cheap
oakley outlet
ed hardy clothing
adidas shoes
2017.4.14xukaimin

April 14, 2017 1:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0417
nike shoes
kate spade sale
boston celtics jersey
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
nike outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
christian louboutin sale
detroit lions jerseys
giants jersey

April 17, 2018 4:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0517
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
nba jerseys
ugg outlet
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet
louboutin shoes
puma outlet
polo outlet
nike trainers

May 17, 2018 2:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.2
canada goose outlet
lacoste outlet
nike tn pas cher
nhl jerseys
クロムハーツ
pandora
pandora charms outlet
nike chaussure
red bottom
supreme clothing

July 02, 2018 7:20 AM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.1
tods shoes
nike outlet
skechers outlet
ray ban sunglasses
moncler jackets
pandora charms outlet
kate spade outlet online

September 01, 2018 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home