Tuesday, July 25, 2006

HiM - Robber's Knot

HiM - Suddered

Not to be confused with their alter ego HIM, the much more famous Finnish rock band, whom I believe are christian rock but havent had the urge to ever find out for sure.
This mostly instrumental group has a sound that I can't help compare to jam, but at the same time covers a very different ground. Imagine a jazz inflected group with the same mentality as a jam band, only with discerning tastes and a tendancy towards minimalism creating a sound that leans toward the improvised soundscapes of labelmates Animal Collective. It makes me think that Can are not actually as far from the Grateful Dead as I once thought. Theres something really special here but I can't put my finger on it, maybe thats why I like it so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home