Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't you remember that you love this?

So I'm working on a music-quiz for a big dinner party at the Art Education Institution at my school, when I find this song again. It's so good. Now I know that it's hard for people to admit, but at least here, in Stockholm, at a club called 90's, this is the song that makes people delirious with happiness and nostalgia. I remember being so proud when it came on Beverly Hills 90201 more than 10 years ago. At a party at Brandon and Brenda's house. It felt like Sweden was finally getting noticed, for the first time since ABBA. Sadly they started to suck after a while, the fact that it was discovered that one of the guys (the one in the front, Uffe) used to be a Nazi didn't help their popularity much either, so the world forgot about Ace of Base. But we will never forget that life is indeed demanding without understanding.

Ace of Base- the Sign

3 Comments:

Blogger Moderator said...

I saw a punk band cover one of their songs pre-nazi days. It was mildly entertaining.

June 01, 2007 11:19 PM  
Blogger Laz said...

I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. Actually maybe not because I was really scared of punkers when I was a kid.

June 03, 2007 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny to remember them...they were one of the first bands I owned a cassette to (the other was No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom"). I remember the summer before I really started listening to them, I was on the bus going to sleepaway camp and everyone on the bus was singing The Sign and I felt lame because I didn't know the lyrics (nor had I ever heard the song before)...anyway, funny to see how they pop up every now and then...

June 30, 2007 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home