Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't you remember that you love this?

So I'm working on a music-quiz for a big dinner party at the Art Education Institution at my school, when I find this song again. It's so good. Now I know that it's hard for people to admit, but at least here, in Stockholm, at a club called 90's, this is the song that makes people delirious with happiness and nostalgia. I remember being so proud when it came on Beverly Hills 90201 more than 10 years ago. At a party at Brandon and Brenda's house. It felt like Sweden was finally getting noticed, for the first time since ABBA. Sadly they started to suck after a while, the fact that it was discovered that one of the guys (the one in the front, Uffe) used to be a Nazi didn't help their popularity much either, so the world forgot about Ace of Base. But we will never forget that life is indeed demanding without understanding.

Ace of Base- the Sign

6 Comments:

Blogger Grant Miller said...

I saw a punk band cover one of their songs pre-nazi days. It was mildly entertaining.

June 01, 2007 11:19 PM  
Blogger Laz said...

I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. Actually maybe not because I was really scared of punkers when I was a kid.

June 03, 2007 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny to remember them...they were one of the first bands I owned a cassette to (the other was No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom"). I remember the summer before I really started listening to them, I was on the bus going to sleepaway camp and everyone on the bus was singing The Sign and I felt lame because I didn't know the lyrics (nor had I ever heard the song before)...anyway, funny to see how they pop up every now and then...

June 30, 2007 2:47 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

air max 90
prada outlet
chanel outlet store
louis vuitton handbags
kobe shoes
rolex watches
hollister uk
fitflops outlet sale
north face outlet
nhl jerseys
moncler outlet
canada goose outelt
coach outlet store
ghd uk
mulberry outlet store
air jordan shoes for sale
toms outlet
longchamp handbags
michael kors outlet
hermes outlet store
mm1128

November 28, 2015 1:56 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

polo ralph lauren shirts
ralph lauren uk
tory burch outlet
nike outlet store
michael kors handbags
lebron 13 shoes
prada bags
nike air max shoes
cheap jordan shoes
mont blanc ballpoint pens
hzx20170304

March 04, 2017 2:16 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

cheap ray ban sunglasses
true religion outlet
mont blanc pens
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
valentino outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren polo
kate spade outlet store
michael kors outlet
huangxiang20170425

April 25, 2017 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home