Friday, May 18, 2007

An Interview With The Benevolent Site Master


Recently, the Benevolent Site Master Of Grant Miller Media was kind enough to grant me with an interview. In honor of this great day, and of the interview’s Pavement content, here is the best band of all time (Pavement), covering the other best band of all time (The Velvet Underground).
Enjoy!

What Goes On - Pavement

You're part of a team blog. When do you plan to drop those talentless hacks and go solo?

I love my cobloggers more than life itself, and I wouldn’t part ways with them for all the worthless opinions and useless advice on the intra-net. Plus, starting this blog was DJ’s idea, because he’s the computer nerd among us, so ‘going solo’ would be a betrayal of unforgivable depth. Also, no one would read my blog.

You live in Madison, one of the best cities in America according to Forbes and Money Magazine. What are you doing to make Madison better?


By spending my hard-earned cash in the various dives which dot the east side and downtown area. Also by going up to any of madison’s excellent local bands after shows and drunkenly telling them that “they totally rock” so that they are encouraged to continue rocking, totally. I also always try to wear a ‘cool’ expression on my face when I strut down the city’s sidewalks, completely adding to its ‘cool’ cred.

I don't smoke, but firmly believe smoking and bars go hand-in-hand. You cannot have one without the other. Madison abolished smoking in bars in 2005. How much healthier have you become since then?


None whatsoever, nor did I become any healthier when Colorado did the same thing when I was living in Boulder. I quit smoking over 2 years ago, but never stopped loving the smell of tobacco smoke in a dingy bar because that taste is absolutely necessary to mix with cheap beer or hard alcohol. Now I find myself sneaking out front with my smoker friends to steal drags, so as to get the right mix on my palette. What I fail to see is what was so bad about smoking and nonsmoking sections, especially when so many people only smoke while drinking. Why can’t we all win?

You and I love Pavement. What is your first memory of getting into Pavement?


Pavement is my favorite band. I’m listening to them right now in fact. I first got really into Pavement my freshman year in college after downloading (gasp!) a bunch of tracks at the advice of DJ, who had recently purchased Luxe & Redux. That led me to buy all 4 of their albums within a matter of months and listen to them non-stop in my dormroom and on my headphones the rest of the year. But my actual first experience with them was in 8th grade, when the cool homeroom teacher (who was as old as I am now) made me a tape of Brighten The Corners. It was too out there for me at the time but lodged a huge sign post in my unconscious for future rockin-out-ness.

Why should people read your blog?


Because it is written by 4 young hip and art-film-literature-fashion-(pop)culturally savvy 20-somethings, who are also all totally hot. And, we provide free mp3s of new bands and rare oldies from our kick-ass collections. And we swear, fucking right. And we have neck-tattoos. And we wear our hats backwards sometimes, and some of us smoke cigarettes. And we like to stick it to the man. And race our hotrods around dead-man’s curve. The neck-tattoo part wasn’t true.

Thanks Mr. Miller, esq. Rock on!

If any one out there in blog-land would like to be interviewed by any of us here at Transmissions From Wintermute, say so in the comments and we will do so gladly.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Moderator said...

I almost forgot that's a VU song! Two of the best bands ever.

May 18, 2007 11:09 PM  
Blogger Mazur said...

Fucking Righteous.

May 18, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger Hannah Enenbach said...

Ooh, me, me.

May 20, 2007 1:19 AM  
Blogger McGone said...

I love my cobloggers more than life itself

I initially read this as "Cob Loggers" and now I think I will have to make that a term I use on a daily basis.

May 21, 2007 7:51 PM  
Blogger twiffer said...

only assholes and catchers wear their hats backwards. and you aren't a catcher.

sorry, couldn't resist.

May 22, 2007 2:40 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

hey check it out! we this post made the isthmus: http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/miscellany.php?misc_ID=7075

May 22, 2007 6:59 PM  
Blogger Mazur said...

McGone; daily basis, absolutly. How about: "Get the hell off my porch you frickin' cob logger!

or "This milk tastes weird. One of the cob loggers must be sick."

Twiffer, I need to wear my hat backwards to keep the sun of my killer tribal neck tattoo. If that makes me an asshole, than yeah, I'm a total asshole.

May 23, 2007 1:56 AM  
Blogger Ms. Laaw-yuhr said...

I applaud your street cred.

May 24, 2007 3:49 AM  
Anonymous BeeGee said...

haha well the neck tattoos would have surely made you look gangster... :)

March 19, 2010 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home