Wednesday, June 27, 2007

King of Some World You Never Heard Of


I remember Kermit from the TV show Muppet Babies I watched in a block of Saturday morning cartoon shows on when I was maybe 8 years old. Other people might remember him from earlier. I also vaguely remember him replacing the MGM lion in movie intros, I may have made that up though.
The '90s gave us Nirvana, Pavement, Weezer, Phish and My Bloody Valentine, but they also gave us Tom Smith. Swinging low like the Blue Fairy who turns Pinocchio into a real boy, Smith finally sets Kermit free. Who ever knew a song about a green marionette with googly eyes could make you cry? He knew, he knew.

Tom Smith - A Boy And His Frog

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Enenbach said...

I love that there's a wikipedia entry for googly eyes, and that you linked to it. I wonder if there's a way to find out what other sites linked to the googly eye wiki... because that would certainly be an interesting assortment of sites.

July 03, 2007 2:12 AM  
Blogger DJ said...

Ahem...http://technorati.com/search/http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FGoogly_eyes

July 05, 2007 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home