Sunday, April 27, 2008

Origami-Schmorigami


I have some sort of disorder that makes me agree to do things that are actually impossible. I do it all the time, without even blinking. One of my jobs right now, is translating Romanian texts about communism and rivers into Swedish. They're going in a book. Even though I don't actually know how to translate, it never for second crossed my mind to say no. So now I'm looking up architectural terms and...hydro-technical...stuff. It's madness.

I also agreed to teach my students origami, on Wednesdays, these next 5 weeks. I'm making a little booklet of designs from which the kids can choose from, and I have to be able to fold all of them. Because I'm their teacher. The problem is that I suck at origami. Apparently I forgot about that small but important detail, yet again. I don't know what my fucking problem is, it's not the first time it's happened either. Anyways, everyone knows how high schoolers are nuts for TAI fighters and badgers so I decided to learn how to fold those. And I came pretty damn close to loosing my mind for ever. It was so so hard. And the TAI fighter can't even stand up and keeps falling over. So now the little folder will consist of: crane, box, star (maybe) and badger, for the really really advanced students. But I'm hoping no one will pick that one because I finished it in a blind rage and I don't remember anything. The instructions mean nothing to me.

Chet Baker- Chetty's Lullaby

I love love how it totally still sounds like American...Dohlche nohtte....veeveersohtey...cheyroh... Americans trying to sing in other languages than American is my new favorite, very specific, genre. Back in the day, American artists used to sometimes translate their songs to as many languages as possible to win the love and admiration of different little countries. But somewhere along the line they stopped doing this, and now things are just tough all over.

Django Reinhardt- Smoke Rings


I've been listening a lot to Django recently. He's great. This song reminds me of my grandparents. Sunny apartment. Everything moving really slow. It also allows me to reminisce about the time when I used to smoke cigarettes. Those were the days.

Chairmen of the Board- Give me just a little more time


This is my anthem right now. Mostly he chorus, not the super lame verse. "Life's too short to make a mistake, let's think of each other and hesitate, young and impatient we may be, there's no need to act foolishly". Very responsible lyrics indeed. I do need more time though, always.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mazur said...

You know they're all gonna choose badger.

April 28, 2008 6:01 AM  
Blogger ohmygodimmike said...

Does the badger fall over even on all fours?

April 28, 2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger Laz said...

Oh I think once they see this amazing fourlegged penis-crab that I managed to fold today they'll all want that one instead.
copy+paste this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2449924422_86758ef5ef_b.jpg

And Ohmygodimmike, the badger is fine. He can stand just FINE.

April 28, 2008 7:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

washington redskins jerseys
nike huarache
boston celtics
nike factory store
ugg outlet
texans jerseys
longchamp outlet
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
new balance shoes

June 23, 2017 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home