Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kobra Summer In My Head


Johnny Kobra - Can't Get Enough

Maybe I like "Can't Get Enough" so much right now because summer is winding down by now and when the rain comes, it comes thicker and longer. Maybe its that the charm of the nice weather has worn off and I find myself sitting in the shade more and more often. Maybe its that this song just rocks anyways despite the time of year. I might feel this way about this song even in the dead of winter. Awwwwwwww man I wish I could've rocked out to this on that road trip last month.
Of this album I really only dig this song, its sort of teetering on the edge of the oversized egos (that come through hardcore in the voice) of '80s rock. Still, I love this song. Maybe the one-hit-wonderness of it is what makes it so awesome. I can't get enough of "I Can't Get Enough." It sounds exactly like a Stockholmite (I'm assuming Laz is friends with him) who moved to LA to make it big, everything he was going for is totally pulled off here.