Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Songs from the brink of insanity


Have you ever wondered what kind of music crazy people listen to? Well, I am now in a postion to tell you about that, because I'm right there on the edge. I'm doing this art project about Romania (often mistaken for the "asshole of the world", when it is actually "the best country in the world". RO-MA-NI-A!!!!YE-AH!!). So yeah, I'm romanian, so it's about time I make some romanian art. The Vlad vs. Dracula drawings are part of that too, and I promise to continue their conversation in a future post (not a "Future Post u4t03897t3", there will no more of those on my part. Well, maybe in the Future ho-ho-ho).

So, ok one day I heard on the radio, that Ceausescu owned 9000 suits. This is because he was afraid of germs and poison. Of course this blew my mind, even though it's not very surprising news. They also recently confirmed that he did in fact have a private subway built under his giant palace ( 2nd biggest building in the world after the Pentagon), which he built on the place where my family's house used to stand before they tore that whole neighbourhood down. I started thinking about what 9 000 suits actually means, and what that even looks like, so I decided to start printing them, 5 at a time. In these pictures you can see 5 400 suits, so I'm a little more than half way done. It's physically and mentally hard work, because of the monotony. Why did that fucker have to have soooo many suits. Geez. Sooo many suits. So. Many. Suits.
This brings me to my almost( ALMOST) going crazy. What breaks the monotony is listening to my iPod. God bless you iPod. And these are my printing-9000-suits-favorites. Enjoy.

Amr Diab-05

Sorry about not having name for this song. My friend Aida is quite the iPod anarchist and sometimes only labels artists Arab 1, 2, 3 and so on. It's ok though because she's an Egyptian Mystery.

The Blow- True Affection

Such a beautiful song.

Asha Bhosle-Dum Maro Dum


Ohmygodimmike, you probably already have this, it's really great.

The Sisters Love- Try it you'll like it


Dave van Ronk-Hang Me, oh Hang Me

For obvious reasons. Bye now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laz said...

I forgot to mention that another favorite is of course Letter from an occupant, that Mazur posted a while ago. I need to go to one of their shows and have my brain explode of happy-overload when they sing " For the love of a God...".
Oh man, it gets me every time.

October 25, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Mazur said...

yeah, me too.

Although I am not a good artist, I felt like I almost completely lost touch with reality when making my senior thesis film last semester, and it was fucking scary. However, I didn't go completely nuts, and that's why the movie isn't that great.

I think to make really good art, you have to go insane to tap into something powerful, and bring it back for everyone else. That's why all the great artists die young, because their brains eat themsevles alive. So Laz, you have the choice of going off the deep end and creating genius art which will consume and kill you, or living a long, well adjusted and emotionally fulfilling but non-genius life.

Good luck with that.

October 25, 2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger ohmygodimmike said...

I think we can sacrifice Laz for the sake of art.

October 25, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors handbags outlet
burberry scarf
air jordan
lacoste online shop
cheap jordans
adidas nmd
links of london
yeezys
jordan shoes
michael kors outlet online

July 07, 2017 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home