Monday, January 29, 2007

I am buying art

Yes, as soon as I figure out how my brand new paypal account works, I will pay for this painting and become a proud owner of art work by Matthew Feyld a.k.a. Driftwould. I didn't find him, Said the Gramophone did. Because they know what they're talking about both when and it comes to music and art.

I don't know much about Matthew, I just know he's really really productive and that there's a constant flow of brilliant art on his Flickr-page. The recurring cast of characters include men with large heads and small faces, different kinds of bears, bird-men, and more, in different combinations. They wear nice sweaters and red boots with eyes, and almost all of them carry really sharp knives ( or not so sharp sticks). Many of them are running, in a silent hurry to fight evil or maybe just mess with people I'm not sure.

Not this bear though, not my bear. Agile as he is, he is in the middle of a jump, frozen in time with the knife trembling slightly in his tiny hand. But for some reason I prefer to think of him as floating, suspended in mid-air by the pure power of his mind. He knows exactly what he's doing. I showed him to my mom, and she thought he looked like a protective saint and I agree.

This post is not just going to be me bragging about buying fantastic art. It's also a Random Post ( which was a great idea Mazur), and I will treat you to some fantastic music.



This is a French kid who calls himself Bear Creek, doing a cover of Daniel Johnstons Deviltown/ his own song Vampire. His name is Leo and will no doubt break the hearts of millions and millions of girls, and I'm sure it's already started. I found out about him and his two other bands Coming Soon and the Matching Cubes through Kimya Dawson's livejournal page. Oh right, he's in her new band Antsy Pants too. Did I mention he's 13? Yeah. The coolest 13-year old in the history of the world and time itself.